Friday, June 22, 2012

Hair Down My Back

I went wig shopping the other day with a gentleman friend and it was one of the most fun times I've ever had. Him, being uber masculine was so cool and open to the idea of it. Y'all know how gay men can be about anything that would make them effeminate, especially gay black men. But he was so cool and open to the idea and kept on saying to me, "Chanhthajone, I just want you to be in your zone and have as much fun with me. I just want to see that beautiful smile of yours."

Since finding out my mother having cancer and which stage it was on May, 23, 2012 he has been very supportive. It's so sad that I thought my BF at that time would be the one I run to and just be held and told, it will be ok, she will make it thru or even we will make it thru but it wasn't. That man cheated on me two nights before and it just wouldn't feel right running to someone who I know had betrayed me, my trust and most importantly the foundation we had built! And on top of that because I was silent in my reaction and trying to think things over and consider giving him another chance like the coward under that mask that he has worn, texted me to end things.

Of course I was truly heart broken by it, he'll I even had a few anxiety attacks and since been on Klonopin to deal with the anxiety. But my mother told me, "when people decide they want to walk out of your life, let them" and my response to that text was exactly just that, take care! And I do mean it! My mother had also been very supportive in this break up and even my uncle!

Anywho I'm all about proper closer and what not but this time his action was just enough! It was the most proper closure ever! It really didn't hit me until this past weekend. I broke down and cried like a little baby and I needed that. Okay, enough about this!

So he picks me up Sunday for breakfast, he cooked and we also went walking around Prospect Park to walk off what we had just indulge in! Ugh and sidebar I don't think I can ever date a vegetarian ever again! Well, for now at least! ;-) So we rested a little and I was given a massage, I love massages and back rubs so of course I couldn't say No to that! I mean how could I? And he has big strong hands and knew exactly what to do with it!

We got up and went wig hunting for my mom. lol he asked if he can see a picture of her so he can get an idea of what would look right so I showed him and he said to me, oh you are as beautiful as she is. Of course me not knowing how to take compliments I smirked and just laughed it off. lol. We went everywhere looking for it we started on Jamaica Ave, went to Harlem, Downtown BK and it wasn't until before he dropped me off that we saw a hair supply store by my apt that had the best fit for mommy! We had a blast trying it on! It was like I was hanging out with one of my sis but this man let it be known that he's interested in me and when my heart heal he wants me to give him a chance.... But I just got out of what I thought was something! Things can get so complicated!!!

Any who, we found the perfect wig for my mommy! I of course took a pic of me in it and is now even consider growing my hair out lol! I think I look great with that length and almost look like my father back when he use to wear his hair long but he has way more street cred and swag than I do! Hahaha

0 comments: