How sexy and dark is Rihanna's, "We Found Love" video? Especially when the male lead role tatted, 'mine' on her ass. The video is almost as dark as the song w/ such a feel good vibe. It just makes me want to dance! Could it be that she's cinematically giving us a portrayal of how her past relationship with Chris Brown. This video leaves me asking is it a dagger to Chris? I wonder if they would try to reconcile? or was this for media hype?
I guess, I wouldn't call it a dagger. I know she recently "broke her silence" on him again. That video doesn't exactly paint either as the predator or prey. I'm going to say it probably came from the heart. Media hype is always part of a controversial move from a pop star, so I don't see the need to draw a sharp either-or distinction here. The controversial sides of this video felt FAR more organic to me than "Man Down."
A lot of folks, myself included is saying how the video depicts and or show that it's evident that she still wants him. There's a probably a stronger case that it represents reflection and perhaps catharsis ... if it's about him, which I think it is. I don't exactly get warm and fuzzies watching that video. She said it's her deepest video, and it certainly looks that way. I think this was her way of trying to explain why they clung to each other so fervently and how it all went wrong. Of course she embellished here and there wrapped it all up in a narcofantasy. Maybe it's just me but I'm in love with this video.

0 comments:
Post a Comment